Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fifth Station of the Resurrection

Jesus is known in the breaking of bread.
Fifth Station of the Resurrection.

Luke 24: 29-32: " ...They urged him, 'Stay with us, for it is nearly evening and the day is almost over.' So he went in to stay with them. And it happened that while he was with them at the table, He took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them. With that, their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight. Then they said to each other, 'Were not our hearts burning within us while he spoke to us on the way and opened the Scriptures to us."

The Word of the Lord of life will soothe our burning hearts. What he promised will not change, for he is the Way, the Truth and the Life. In him we find so much more than words, we find the bread of life. As we have fellowship with him, when we share bread with him, we find hope and light. May he open my eyes by his Spirit through my fellowship with him, the Living Lord.

Prayer: Break bread with me, dear Lord, and grant me faith. Give me light that I may understand everything you want to say to me by being with me always and everywhere. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your persistence in teaching even me. Amen.

No comments: