Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Station of the Resurrection.

First Station of the Resurrection.
Jesus is raised from the dead.

The angel of the Lord said to the women: 'Do not be afraid! I know that you are seeking Jesus the crucified. He is not here, for he has been raised just as he said.’ (Matthew 28: 5b-6a).

Even when we are looking for the Lord Jesus without the hope that it will change anything, like the women came to the grave on that first Easter morning expecting a corpse, the message of the Angel of the Lord that he has been raised gives us hope. When I am afraid, the open, empty grave grants me peace again.
Draw on the memory of the first time you in faith knew that he has risen indeed – alithos anesti! Rest on the true gospel that Christ has risen – Christos anesti
!

Prayer: Dear Lord, because you are alive, I too shall truly have that hope in you that will take my fear away. Amen.

No comments: