Friday, April 29, 2011

Fourth Station of the Resurrection

Jesus appears on the road to Emmaus.
Fourth Station of the Resurrection.

"...It happened that while they were conversing and debating, Jesus himself drew near and walked with them, but their eyes were prevented from recognizing him.... And he said to them, 'Oh, how foolish you are! How slow of heart to believe all that the prophets spoke! Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer these things and enter into his glory?' Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them what referred to him in all the Scriptures" (Luke 24: 15, 25-27).

Our Lord is alive! He was dead, but now he is alive! Even when I think he has left me, he is still here beside me and proclaims his Word to me. His promises are forever true. My own fear, doubt and distress cannot change the reality that he is alive and that he triumphed over death. He grants me hope through the Word that brings me his life. Let me remember all his promises, and know that his life gives joy for all eternity.

Prayer: Thank you Lord, for your life and that you share your life with me through your Word. Amen.

No comments: