Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday of Holy Week 2011. Thirteenth Station of the Cross

Jesus dies on the Cross
The Thirteenth Station of the cross

Luke 23:44-47: It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, while the sun’s light failed; and the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Then Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” Having said this, he breathed his last. When the centurion saw what had taken place, he praised God and said, “Certainly this man was innocent.”

Because Jesus was righteous, because he was innocent, not only of crimes that deserved crucifixion, but of all wrongdoing, he was able to make many righteous by bearing the sin of others. He became the spotless, atoning sacrifice for all – yes for me.

Prayer
Merciful Lord, thank you for your perfect life and sacrificial death. Thank You for taking my sin upon yourself, and giving me your righteousness in return. I look upon Your cross with wonder. I'm astonished by your willingness to suffer and die for me, the Righteous One for the unrighteous. Amen.

No comments: