Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sixth Station of the Resurrection

Jesus appears to the disciples in Jerusalem.
Sixth Station of the Resurrection.

"'Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have,' And as he said this, he showed them his hands and his feet" (Luke 24: 38-40).

Jesus is truly alive! He was dead, but now he lives. Even when I think he left me, he is still here beside me and proclaims his Word to me. His promises are forever true. My troubles and distress will never change the reality that he is alive and that he triumphed over death.

Prayer: Grant me hope through the Word that shows me your hands and feet and thus brings me your life. Thank you for your life and that you share your life with me. Amen.

No comments: