Sunday, March 1, 2009

Song: Only Jesus can...

ONLY JESUS CAN!
I cannot save myself o God,
- no one can, my Lord!
There is no one, to take away
all my guilt, unrighteousness!
Just Jesus can,
can achieve God’s gospel plan.
Yes, Jesus can,
o holy God,
only Jesus can!

A Saviour pure, I need, o God,
- sinless man and God,
to carry all my punishment,
satisfy your will, your wrath!
Pure Jesus can,
sinless Christ, the Son of man.
Lord Jesus can,
the Son of God,
only Jesus can!


Lyrics by Andries - Copy Right, publication; Sung to the music of I WORSHIP YOU, ALMIGHTY GOD. Songs of Fellowship 282
Based on these Scriptures:
Ex 20: 5 and 23: 7 I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me. 23: 7 I will not acquit the guilty.

Rom: 3 – 4 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, 4in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

1 Cor 15: 21 – 22 and 25 – 26 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

2 Cor 5: 21 God made him who had no sin, to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

No comments: