Monday, May 2, 2011

Seventh Station of the Resurrection.

Jesus gives the disciples his peace and the authority to proclaim the forgiveness of sins.
Seventh Station of the Resurrection.

John 20: 19b, 20b-23: "Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, 'Peace be with you'... The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, 'Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.' And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained'".

The peace of Christ is with me always. He has called me to be his own, that I may tell others of him and of everything he taught. He gives me the confidence of his life and the hope of his resurrection, the power of his Spirit and the joy of his presence. He is with me always. I pray that I will know him, and bring others to see his authority to forgive and his love that saves.

Prayer: Lord, teach me how to teach this truth, give me the words to say and give me strength that I may honour you with my ministry. You made me your messenger to proclaim the forgiveness of sins. You truly bring good news to my life and through my life to all who receive your forgiveness in faith. Amen.

No comments: