Friday, September 20, 2013

A new hymn: My grace is sufficient for you / My genade is vir jou genoeg!

A new hymn:   My grace is sufficient for you!
Lyrics in English and in Afrikaans.

2 Corinthians 12: 9 & 10:   “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
“My genade is vir jou genoeg. My krag kom juis tot volle werking wanneer jy swak is.” Daarom sal ek baie liewer oor my swakhede roem, sodat die krag van Christus my beskutting kan wees.       Daarom is ek bly oor swakhede, beledigings, ontberings, vervolging en moeilikhede ter wille van Christus, want as ek swak is, is ek sterk.

Music:  ST PETER – Alexander Reinagle 1830,
How sweet the name of Jesus sounds- SOF 194 

Sufficient is your grace, my Lord,
you help your timid child,
and make me strong although I’m weak:
God’s might with love conferred.

Today your grace, almighty God,
shall grant me strength and power,
I will with joy your love proclaim,
although acutely flawed.

My Father, listen to my plea -
a thorn torments my flesh –
to see that my Redeemer lives,
Christ’s power rests on me.

By grace God called me to belong
to Jesus, Saviour, Lord!
For when I’m weak, through faith I know,
in Christ, my King, I’m strong!

Copy right reserved

Afrikaanse lirieke: Musiek van Liedboek 440.
My genade is vir jou genoeg!

Oor God’s genade sal ek roem,
dit is genoeg vir my!
Al is ek swak, God maak my sterk,
Hom sal ek HERE noem.

Vandag sal u genade Heer,
my krag en toevlug wees.
Met blydskap sal ek nou bely:
U help my elke keer.

My Vader luister as ek vra –
met doring in my vlees –
wys my dat my Verlosser leef,
en dat sy krag my dra.

Wil uit genade in my werk,
maak my ’n Koningskind.
Al is ek swak, ek weet, ek glo,
in Christus is ek sterk!

Kopié reg voorbehou


No comments: