Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Our God knows us intimately!

Our God knows us intimately!
We know for certain from the Scriptures that God is everywhere and knows everyone.

Ps 139:7-10 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? (8) If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. (9) If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, (10) even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

We never escape the presence of God!  He sees us everywhere and hears us wherever we are.  Whether we sit, stand, or lie down, God knows our actions, appearance, words and ways, our motives, our attitudes and our plans.

As a human, I can give full and perfect attention to only one person at a time. But the infinite mind of God is able to grasp the thoughts of millions, of billions, at once and yet at the same time focus on every one person as if there was no one else but that one person only. His attention given to us is personal and intimate!  God has a window into every person's heart through which he looks.

God knows what mistakes you might make before you decide to do what you plan.
And more importantly, he knows what you need, even before you discerned what it is. 

We can put our trust in God’s presence because we know of his love for us through Jesus our Saviour. We do not flee from the holy presence of God, as his ever present Spirit has been given to us to lead us on his everlasting way of redemption and care.

God’s omnipresence inspired a wise and helpful prayer that the poet of this psalm teaches us to pray every day:  (Psalm 139: 23 and 24)
Search me, o God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.


No comments: