Monday, March 3, 2014

Was blind, but now I see...

I was blind, but now I see...
John 9 recounts the cure of a blind man, which more importantly is also the spiritual healing of one who has been in the dark about the truth that Jesus is the Messiah and the Son of God.   This event is an encouragement for all to recognize Jesus as the true Light of the world.

John 9: 36 – 38 Jesus said to the blind man that was healed, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”
“Who is he, sir?” the man asked. “Tell me so that I may believe in him.” Jesus said, “You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.”
Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.

This is the climax of the story! It is the miracle of faith based upon Jesus' disclosure of himself as the Son of God. The blind man now had insight added to restored sight. In this preacher from Galilee he saw the precious, long awaited Messiah, his Saviour.

Now we understand what Jesus meant when he said the blindness of this man was to demonstrate the power of God. (9:3) Great good came out of the blindness. If the man had not been born blind, he probably  never would have learned who Jesus was. He gained a Saviour and a Lord.

The greatest miracle of all is when the blind eyes of my soul are opened and I too can say, “Lord I believe” and I worship Jesus!


No comments: