Friday, March 18, 2011

Lent 2011: The Third Station of the cross

Jesus Condemned by the Sanhedrin
The Third Station of the cross


Luke 22: 66-69: When day came, the assembly of the elders (the Jewish Sanhedrin), both chief priests and scribes, gathered together, and they brought Jesus to their council. They said, “If you are the Messiah, tell us.” He replied, “If I tell you, you will not believe; and if I question you, you will not answer. But from now on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of God.

Jesus was condemned by the Sanhedrin because he claimed to be the Messiah who would share in the glory and the power of God! Jesus claimed that he would be "seated at the right hand of the power of God". This was perceived by the council, beginning with the high priest, as clear evidence of Jesus’ blasphemy.

We are blessed, when we as followers of Jesus who acknowledge him as personal Saviour, seek to do the works of his kingdom, looking forward to the day when it will be completed.

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, help me to understand what it means when I confess you as the Christ, the Anointed of God and glorious King of everything. May this confession lead me to a life of complete faithful discipleship in everything I do. Let your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. And let this happen in my life today! Amen

No comments: