Monday, November 16, 2009

How great and powerful is your God?

According to Rom 4: 17 he is “the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not, as though they were.”

Our God gave life to Jesus when he died on the cross. Our God called everything that exists out of nothing. We agree with Rom 4: 21 that we are “being fully persuaded that God has power to do what he had promised.”

Faith in a great, almighty God accomplishes a number of important things for a Christian.

1. Faith teaches us. It grows us toward maturity. It builds us up and makes us stronger. As we exercise our faith, our faith grows.

2. Faith also exalts God. It glorifies his greatness. By trusting in God we are visibly expressing our confidence in his majesty.

3. Faith grasps the truth of God's word. Trusting in God brings us to the point where we are enlightened and fully persuaded of the Gospel truth in the Bible.

4. Faith enables us. It gives us possession of God’s promises. Faith expects from our God everything that Jesus died for and was raised from the dead to give to God’s children!

I know that the greatness and power of my God fully and completely compensates for my weakness. Because of the Lord, even my little faith will grow, will glorify God, will grasp God’s promises and will enable me to own his assurance of salvation!

Bless the almighty God for granting life-giving faith to me. Thanks be to God who called faith into my empty life that I too may be filled with the strength of the resurrection of Jesus!

Hallelujah!

No comments: