Monday, April 6, 2009

Jesus Promises His Kingdom to the crucified Thief



Luke 23:43: One of the criminals who were hanged said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

The crosses were only a few feet apart. The Lord immediately heard the cry of the repentant man. Remember the promise of Christ, "whoever comes to me I will never drive away" (Jn 6:37).
We see here that this promise is the truth. The thief asked Jesus to remember him, but Jesus said, "you will be with me."

I urge you to turn to Jesus in repentance and in faith. We know the power of Christ the Saviour. Even then, even there dying in pain, he had the power to redeem from hell and open the gates of Paradise. Never doubt the ability of our Saviour to save you. If a dying Saviour could save so powerfully, how powerful is a Saviour who rose from death in triumph, never more to die!

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for your mercy. Thank you for hearing my cries and responding, remembering even me. Thank you for the promise I have of Paradise beyond this life. In your presence there will be fullness of joy. Amen.

HOLY WEEK AND EASTER SERVICES AT THE CENTURION WEST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH:
Maundy Thursday 9 April – Tenebrae Service at 19:00
Good Friday 10 April – Communion Service, English at 09:30

EASTER SUNDAY SERVICE - 12 April, 09:30!You are challenged to complete the pilgrimage from Thursday night to Sunday Morning by attending all the services and see what the Lord will do to help you grow spiritually, being more intimate in your walk with Him, from day to day!!
All who desire to worship Christ, following Him on the way of the cross, are more than welcome to join us!!!

(186 Aletta Ave, Raslouw, Centurion, South Africa)

No comments: