Thursday, July 7, 2016

Tithing: a burden or a blessing?

Have you ever thought of tithing as a burden forced on you by God? Let me correct you this morning.  Tithing is the result of a humble and grateful vow to God for anticipated, prayed for, blessings.

Tithing is a privilege, a way to give thanks which will always be insufficient considering all we receive from God. Tithing is a way of saying to God: “I trust you, my Lord, my only Hope and Provider.”

When tithes are used well, they sustain your minister and your congregation’s ministries and monthly expenses.  It provides for reaching out to those in both material and spiritual need. It helps to evangelize the world, and rescue the lost from eternal judgment.

Tithing is an ordinance of God that fills us with joy and makes us love God more, because it reminds us that before we give to Him, He has given us everything we have.
After all, the Bible says that God loves a cheerful giver.   2 Corinthians 9: 7.

Are you tithing?

Without God’s material blessings we will have nothing!  Should we not gratefully respond by saying to our Lord – “I put my trust in you and will therefore give first to you, my ever-loving Lord, from what you have given me, to gratefully glorify your Name for your provision and to maintain your work for the salvation of many!”

May the Lord change our hearts and minds; because only through our obedience in this will Biblical, God-fearing churches and ministries survive the financial challenges we all face during these daring times!


No comments: