Thursday, October 8, 2015

The old has gone, the new is here!

We do not have to wait till the day when Jesus returns, to become a new creation.   It all starts here and now.  It starts on the day God reconciles us with Godself.  On the day we experience our redemption, we celebrate by singing and shouting:   The old has gone, the new is here!

As we read in 2 Corinthians 5:17ff:  “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:  The old has gone, the new is here!    All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:  that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ,

All this is from God.   The Holy Spirit recreates me into someone new. I was born again.
The new creation within me does not hide or run away from God anymore. The new creation within me does not oppose the Kingdom or the values, the dream, the vision and prayer our Lord has for the Church and his people.

No, the new creation in me thirsts for friendship with my God. It longs to walk with God. It prays to work for God. It celebrates that my sins do not count against me anymore.  It begs the Lord that I may become a change agent for his sake. It urges me on to seek the glory and honour of my God in every aspect of life.

We now represent the eternal King on the Father’s right hand. We teach what he taught, we bring the message he brought, we testify about his resurrection and his victory.  We promise the forgiveness of sin. We live for our King and invite the world to enter and celebrate the everlasting Kingdom of life and love.


We shout it out every day:  The old has gone, the new is here!

No comments: