Monday, October 24, 2011

What if you were as small as an insect?

If you were as small as an insect, it would give you a different view of everything in the world. A field of grass would turn into an extraordinarily tall forest and a stone or brick would be a soaring steeple. It would certainly be your reality, but, and this is important, only a reality from your perspective as being one of the smallest creatures around. The lion would have a totally different view of the grass and the brick! Your reality is not always real – it is not always the true reality.

Our perception of reality changes, because it is based on our subjective perspective. Our reality often is nothing more than our personal view. But it may not be the whole truth. There is a difference between wat is true for me, and what is The Truth!

It is, for example, my perspective that I am a sinner. But The Truth is that I am a sinner saved by grace. I know that my best works are nothing but filthy rags before God. But The Truth is that I am clothed in Christ's righteousness. Christ is my righteousness, and I stand complete in Him.

It know that I am defeated from time to time and I know that I fall short of a victorious life. But, although this is true, The Truth is that I overcome in Christ and am able to do everything in and through Christ who gives me strength.

It is true that at times I do not feel saved. But The Truth is that my salvation is not dependent on my feelings. While it is true that I do not feel saved, The Truth is that I am saved in and through Christ Jesus.

No comments: