Monday, February 7, 2011

Acknowledge Jesus before others.

Matt. 10: 32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.”

The image this verse wants to raise in our mind is that of an earthly courtroom. You are summoned to appear before a judge. You are accused of being a Christ believer. How would you answer to that indictment? Would you affirm or deny your faith? Will you acknowledge or disown Jesus?

To acknowledge Jesus before others, is to openly declare that he is indeed the Son of God, to profess him openly as your Saviour and proclaim him as the Lord of your life. All of these not only in words, but also in attitude, values, thoughts, choices, life style, world view, justice, peace and worship. To acknowledge Jesus is to declare before others that you live for him who died for you and that you trust him, who gave his life, his blood for you.

Jesus says that if I acknowledge him before others, he “will also acknowledge me before his Father in heaven.” It means that Jesus is saying to God:
I died for this person. With my blood I have redeemed him / her from evil, judgment and from sin-slavery. He / she is forgiven, because I (Jesus) was judged and condemned in his/her place.

Does your love for the Lord lead to a relationship where you always acknowledge Christ before others and he acknowledges you before God, our Father?
May the sacrificial love of Jesus makes it impossible for me not to be his witness, his worker and his friend!

No comments: