Monday, January 18, 2010

But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD - continues


Joshua 24:15 quotes Joshua as saying: "But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

Families that live by this Word, worship the Lord.
Congregational, family, and personal worship are all included in this concept of service. Families that serve the Lord, faithfully gather together with his people on Sundays for joyful worship, praise, and song. And families that serve the Lord also have a time of daily Bible reading and prayer with young children and teens. In families that serve the Lord, individual members of the family also spend time with God in personal devotions, or quiet times.

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Families that live by this Word are obedient to the Lord.
They obey God, joyfully, willingly, and eagerly. As people set free, redeemed, and ransomed by the blood of the Lamb, we want to serve God, our Father, and be ready to do his will.

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Families that live by this Word are children of God and are servants of Christ and of his Gospel.

Lets pray that Jesus is central to every marriage and to every family and to every life. Lets pray that whatever the cost, we by grace will choose to serve the Lord, who is God that loves us in Christ Jesus.

No comments: