Monday, February 23, 2009

Nothing is more important than my relationship with Jesus!


Nothing, absolutely nothing, is more important than knowing Jesus, listening to him and submitting to his will for my life.
There is only one important thing in life, and that is having a personal love relationship with Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.

Absolutely nothing else can even be compared to this. A productive career or booming business, a new car, an immaculate house, happy guests after a brilliant dinner party, a relaxing vacation, invigorating exercise, a winning cricket season, a handsome boyfriend or beautiful girlfriend, high marks – or even a fulfilling vocation in church life – all of these are not even comparable to and are much less important than Christ himself.

Remember what Jesus said? "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?" (Mt 16:26). Only Jesus is the pure and sinless, both human and divine, Mediator between me and God. Only Jesus can save me!

Therefore, be blessed when you spend enough time getting to know Jesus better and to listen to his voice. If we do, we have chosen what is better. If we do, we have chosen the best!

At our Ash Wednesday Service, this week at 19:00 on Wednesday, we will listen to a song that says:
I cannot save myself o God,
- no one can, my Lord!
There is no one, to take away
all my guilt, unrighteousness!
Just Jesus can,
can achieve God’s gospel plan.
Yes, Jesus can,
o holy God,
only Jesus can!

No comments: